Scroll down for the Step-by-Step Guide on how to create a Reserved Seating Venue Plan
KEY TERMS & TIPS:
What is a Venue Plan?
The design for your Venue, where you can build your seats or areas if you have reserved seating.
If you don't have reserved seating, you can create a General Admission Venue Plan where you can assign capacities but without building seats or areas - more info on that here.
How do I create a Venue Plan?
From the Venues page and clicking the Venue Plans tab, before selecting what type of Venue Plan you want to create and building your plan.
For more info, see our Step-by-Step Guide below.
How do I add my Venue Plan to to my Event?
Via your Price Profiles, where you can connect the prices for your event to the seats on your Venue Plan.
More info can be found here.
What do I need to do before creating a Venue Plan?
Sign up to a Line-Up account.
Set up your Organisation.
1. Go to the Venues page on the left hand side and then, on the Venue Plans tab, click New Venue Plan
2. On the pop-up select Reserved Seating (if you are creating a General Admission Venue Plan, see here)
3. Enter details:
a) Name - this is for internal use, customers will never see this
c) Tags - for internal use, these will help group your Venues on your Venue Plan list
d) Click Submit
4. Build your plan using the Venue Plan builder:
a) Click Edit Plan on your Venue Plan list
b) On the Venue Plan builder, add a Group by clicking on the square icon
c) On the right, you can edit the following details for your Group:
- Group Name - e.g. Stalls, Front, etc
- Show Label on Venue Plan - optional
- Row Labels - choose from Left, Right, Both or None
- Seat Spacing - increase the space between seats by clicking the left/right arrows
- Row Spacing - increase the space between rows by clicking the left/right arrows
- Reverse Row Direction - optional
c) Add a row of seats by clicking on the group outline first (i.e. the red square) and then the dots icon in the top left. Click and drag to adjust position.
d) On the right you can enter the following details for your Row:
- Number of seats - increase or decrease the amount of seats in your Row (it will automatically provide you with 10 seats)
- Rotation - rotate seats by clicking the left/right arrows
- Curve - add a curve to Row by clicking the left/right arrows
- Seat Spacing - increase/decrease the space between seats by clicking the left/right arrows
- Row Label - e.g A, B, C
- Position - choose the position for your Row Label, Left, Right, Both or None
- Seats Labels - choose from 1, 2, 3; A, B, C or Custom
- Label start offset - optional, offset your Seat Labels if you wish, e.g. if you want your first seat to be number 10, enter 9
- Reverse direction of labels? - optional, select if you want to your numbers to start from the opposite direction
e) Add a new row by clicking the group outline. NOTE - the new row may appear on top of your existing row, you just have to click and drag to move below
f) Align your Rows by clicking the Centre, Left or Right line icons on the top left
g) Pan Venue Plan by clicking the compass icon
h) Toggle Select Seat by clicking the cursor icon
i) Delete your Group/Area by clicking the bin icon
5. Save Venue Plan by clicking anywhere on the plan and clicking Save Venue Plan on the top right
6. Edit or Delete Venue Plan if you need to make changes by clicking Edit Plan on your Venue Plans list
NEXT STEP: Create your Seat Types