Scroll down for the Step-by-Step Guide on how to create a Reserved Seating Venue Plan
KEY TERMS & TIPS:
What is a Venue Plan?
The design for your Venue, where you can build your seats or areas if you have reserved seating.
If you don't have reserved seating, you can create a General Admission Venue Plan where you can assign capacities but without building seats or areas - more info on that here.
How do I create a Venue Plan?
From the Venues page and selecting the Venue Plans tab, before selecting what type of Venue Plan you want to create and building your plan.
For more info, see our Step-by-Step Guide below.
How do I add my Venue Plan to to my Event?
Via your Price Profiles, where you can connect the prices for your Event to the seats on your Venue Plan.
More info can be found here.
What do I need to do before creating a Venue Plan?
Sign up to a Line-Up account.
Set up your Organisation.
1. Select and then the Venue Plans tab
3. On the pop-up select Reserved Seating (if you are creating a General Admission Venue Plan, see here)
4. Build your plan using the Venue Plan builder:
a) Select to add a row of seats. Click and drag to adjust position. On the right you can:
- Increase or decrease the number of seats (it will automatically provide you with 10 seats)
- Curve your seats by dragging the scale left to right
- Select the Group for your seats (you need to create your Groups before this step. See 4b for more about this)
- Add Row Labels (e.g A, B, C etc) and select the position for these labels
- Add Seats Labels (e.g. 1, 2, 3, or A, B, C etc) - select where you'd like to start from and which direction
- Is there an exception to one of your seats? Select a Label Override for a seat, e.g. override seat 6 to seat 5b
b) Select to add/manage Groups:
- Create New Group by entering a name, e.g. Stalls
- Create visible label from name by selecting the toggle - you can adjust the position of the label on the plan
- Edit or Delete Group at any time by selecting on your Groups list
c) Select to add a shape. Click and drag to adjust its position. Adjust the height, width and angle of the shape by clicking on the corners of shape box. On the right you can:
- Increase or decrease the width
- Increase or decrease the height
- Increase rotation
- Increase corner radius
- Fill shape using the colour picker
- Increase or decrease the border width
- Select border colour using the colour picker
d) Select to add text. Click and drag to adjust its position. Adjust height, width and angle of the shape by clicking on the corners of text box. On the right you can:
- Enter/edit your text
- Select weight of the text from the dropdown (normal or bold)
- Select font from the dropdown
- Select colour using the colour picker
- Increase or decrease the size of the text
e) Select to show/hide labels on your seats
f) Select to pan venue plan. Click it again to edit your plan
g) To clone a row, shape or text on your plan, click on an object and then select to clone selection
h) Delete objects from your plan by selecting
i) Zoom in and out by clicking or
5. Once seats are grouped, enter the details for your Plan:
- Name - this is for internal use, customers will never see it
- Tags - for internal use, these will help group your Venues on your Venue Plan list
7. Edit or Delete Venue Plan if you need to make changes by selecting on your Venue list
NEXT STEP: Create your Seat Types
Please sign in to leave a comment.