Scroll down for the Step-by-Step Guide on how to create your Performances
KEY TERMS & TIPS:
How do I create my Performances?
On the Performances tab on your event, where you can create the details for all your performances on one page.
You'll just have needed to submit the details for your event first - learn how to do that here.
What is a Channel?
The place where tickets are sold, e.g. Website, Box Office, Ticket Agent, etc.
More info can be found here.
How do I connect performances to my Channels?
By selecting the On/Off Sale Schedule for your Channels on the performance page.
You can do this either on the individual performance itself, or you can bulk add them on the Performances page once you've created them.
You can select the following On/Off Sale options for your Channels:
Specific date and time
Set amount of time before/after the start time
How do I edit my Performances?
Once you've submitted the details for your performances, you can edit them on the Performances page using the Filter and Action bars. Learn more about that here.
What do I need to do before creating performances?
Sign up to a Line-Up account.
Set up your Organisation.
What do I need to have created by this point?
Your Event by completing the Info page.
1. Go to the Events page on the left-hand side and select your event
2. Select the Performances tab and then click New Performance(s)
3. Enter details of your First Performance:
a) Start Date - the date of your first performance
b) Start Time - the time, in the 24 hour format, of your first performance
c) Time Zone - select from Europe/London or Etc/UTC
d) End Date - optional, the date that your first performance finishes (not the date of the final performance - see step 3f for how to add this)
e) End Time - optional. NOTE - if you add an End Date, you have to add an End Time
4. More than one performance? (If no, select Doesn't Repeat and go to step 5)
a) Select Repeats
b) Have multiple time slots? (if no skip to step c), Click Add another time slot and enter the Start Time of that slot
c) Select how often your performances repeat:
- Next to Repeat Every, enter a figure
- Choose from Day, Week or Month - e.g, if you want to create the same evening performances for a 3 month run, select Every 1 Week
- If Week, tick the days of the week that the performance repeats on
- If Month, select the Frequency it repeats, i.e. repeats monthly on the same date (9th Jan, 9th Feb, etc), or monthly on the same day of the week, i.e. every 2nd Tuesday
d) Select the date of the final performance from the dropdown
5. Channels On/Off Sale - select the on and off sale schedule for your Channels from the dropdown. Options to select are:
- Specific Date and Time - select date and time options from the dropdown
- Set amount of time before/after the start time - select the number of minutes, hours or days before or after the start time from the dropdown
6. Tags - for internal use only, to help organise your performances. These will appear on your Performances list
7. Price Profile - assign now or later (you can assign them to performances on the Performances page after creating your prices, at a later stage. For more info see here)
8. Notes - for internal use only, these will appear on your Performances list
9. Submit Performances and they will all appear on the Performances tab
NOTE - a long run of performances may not appear immediately while being created. If you refresh and/or leave the page and come back to it, they should appear on the Performance list
10. Manage Performances on the Performances tab on your event, where you can use the Filter and Action bars to make bulk edits. For more info see here