Please Note: If you are unsure how to use webhooks, please seek advice from a web developer or technical consultant as Line-Up personnel are unable to provide assistance on the use of webhooks
Line-Up supports webhooks, which can be used to connect your Line-Up account to third party applications that support them. You can use webhooks so that when a "trigger action or event" happens, such as a ticket is sold, the data about that event is sent via the webook url to the third party application that you want to do something based on that data.
Note: the word "event" in this format refers to the event that triggers the webhook, not an event as it is referred to on the Line-Up platfrom (ie something you sell tickets to).
The webhooks Line-Up supports are:
- When an order is created
- When a donation is created
- When a refund is created
All the data associated with these action events is available via webhooks and can therefore be used in third-party systems that support webhooks for importing data
How to set-up a webhook
To set-up a webhook, follow these steps:
- Go to the Tools section of the dashboard
- Select the Webhooks option
- Click Create New Webhook
- Enter the third-party url. This is the external url where you want the data sent, for example
- Select the Webhook event type from the drop down list. This is the action event that will trigger a data send to the url you have entered. This will either be order.created, donation.created or refund.created
Some common uses of webhooks are:
- To add customer or order information to a Google sheet
- To receive sales alerts on Slack
- To send an email notification via Gmail
- Or a number of other options using the Zapier service which works with webhooks to create easy connections into a whole host of services
Article is closed for comments.