Once you have connected your Line-Up account with Mailchimp, you will be able to:
- Automatically add all ticket buyers to a Mailchimp Audience of your choice, from all events or just specific events.
- Do a one-off export of ticket buyers from a single event into a Mailchimp Audience.
Please note, you will need to have an active Mailchimp account and at least one Audience created in Mailchimp to do this. If you do not, you can read more about Mailchimp and create an account here.
Connecting your Line-Up account to Mailchimp
What this will mean and the options you have:
- If desired, this will add all future ticket buyers into a Mailchimp Audience (previously a 'List') automatically. This can either be for all events or specific events only.
- You also have the option to add historical bookers to the Mailchimp Audience at point of account connection.
- For ease of segmentation, buyers will be assigned the following tags as they are added to the Mailchimp Audience: [event name they purchased for], [event name and performance date they purchased for]. This will mean you can create segments within your Mailchimp Audience of either all buyers for a specific event or all buyers for a specific performance of a specific event.
- If buyers have not checked the marketing opt-in at checkout, they will be added to the Mailchimp Audience but they will be marked as 'unsubscribed' meaning they will not receive your Mailchimp campaign emails by default.
How to connect your account
- Go to the Tools section of the Line-Up Dashboard - https://lineupnow.com/tools/
- Click the 'Connect Mailchimp Account' button from the list of tools
- On the Mailchimp Sync page, click the 'Connect your Mailchimp account now' button
- Log in using your Mailchimp account details and authorise access to Line-Up
- Complete your account connection settings:
- Enable Mailchimp Sync - Ticking the Mailchimp Sync box will mean that new Attendees in Line-Up will automatically be added to your selected Mailchimp Audience
- Sync Existing Attendees - Ticking this box will mean that Attendees who have purchased prior to now will be added to your selected Mailchimp Audience. If you don't tick the box, only new attendees will be added.
- Which event attendees do you want to sync? Select either all events or pick and choose from a list of your events
- Which Audience (List) you want to sync attendee information to? Pick from your Audiences in Mailchimp or click the button to create a new Audience.
6. Click the 'Update settings' button. The connection will then be complete - if you log in to Mailchimp, you should see your buyers start to populate your chosen Audience List. It can take a few minutes for all customers to be added.
7. Settings can be managed any time from the Mailchimp connection settings in the Tools section of Line-Up - https://app.lineupnow.com/mailchimp
Importing buyers from a single event
This will enable you to add ticket buyers from a single event only to your Mailchimp Audience. This will be a one-off and will only include existing attendees at the point of import.
- Navigate to the 'Tools' tab for your chosen event.
- If your Mailchimp account isn't connected yet, go through the steps above to connect Mailchimp and authorise Line-Up. If you do not wish for all your ticket buyers to be added to your Mailchimp audience, at step 4 above, ensure that the 'Enable Mailchimp Sync' tickbox is not checked.
- Once your Mailchimp account is connected to your Line-Up account, on the Tools tab for the event, select which Mailchimp list you'd like your attendees to be added to.
- Click this 'Export attendees now' button. This will add all existing bookers for this event to a chosen Audience in Mailchimp. Please note, this will be a one-off and future buyers will not be added to the Audience.
Removing your Mailchimp account connection
- Head to https://app.lineupnow.com/mailchimp
- Click the red 'Disconnect' button in the 'Disconnect your Mailchimp connection' section at the bottom of the page.