The following video covers how to create a promo/discount code. If it is your first time creating a promo code then we would recommend viewing the video tutorial first before reading the instructions underneath.
To create a discount/promo code follow these steps:
- Go to the Discount Codes tab in the side-bar
- Click the "Create Discount" button
- Complete the form for creating a new discount code:
- Enter the code name
- Enter the discount amount
- Select whether it is percentage or fixed value discount or setting the ticket price to a set value
- Select or create a Ticket Group that the discount code should be applied to
(For more information on Ticket Groups - see below) or alternatively leave it on the default "All tickets" if you would like the code to work with all tickets that are created in your account.
- If there is no limit on the total number of times the code can be used, leave the "Unlimited" box ticked. If there is a limit, untick the box and enter the total number of times the code can be used.
- Leave the Enabled box ticked (unless you want it to be disabled initially)
There are some additional rules you can apply if needed:
- The minimum ticket requirement option ("The customer must have at least x tickets in their basket to use this code"). This means there must be a minimum number of tickets in the basket before the discount code will work
- The max number of tickets per order option ("This discount can be applied to x ticket per order"). This is maximum nuber of tickets the discount code will work for per order
When you have completed the new discount code form, click the "Submit" button. If you have used an existing ticket group, your code is now set-up. If you have created a new ticket group then at the next step you will be asked to add tickets to the ticket group.
Ticket groups are a collection of tickets which are attached to a discount code so the code will work with just those tickets.
On the create discount form you will be asked to select or create a ticket group that the discount code should work with.
- If the ticket group already exists it will appear in the search box and you should select it
- If you are creating a new ticket group, you should select the "Create" option that will appear in the drop down list after you have started typing.
If you are creating a new ticket group, when you have completed the create discount form and clicked the submit button, on the next page you will be asked to add tickets to your ticket group.
You can do this by searching by the event name and ticket name for the tickets you want the code to work with and then selecting them using the "+" button that appears next to them in the search results
Once you have finished adding tickets to your ticket group click "Done". You will then be taken to the ticket group page, and your discount code has been created.
How do I create a 2 for 1 discount code
To create a "2 for 1" style discount code, create a 100% discount code and then add these optional rules to it:
- Enter "2" into the minimum ticket requirement box so it reads "The customer must have at least 2 tickets in their basket to use this code"
- Enter "1" into the max number of tickets per order box so it reads "This discount can be applied to 1 ticket per order."
These optional rules means that a 100% discount will be applied to 1 ticket when there are 2 or more tickets in the basket - a 2 for 1.
Please sign in to leave a comment.