You can hold tickets for things like third party agents, comps or groups by creating an allocation on a specific ticket type. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the ticket section on the event management page
- Click the "Edit" button next to the ticket you want to hold/create an allocation for
- Click the "Create New Allocation" button
- Enter the name for the allocation e.g. Agent A, Comps, Bob's Group
- Enter the number of tickets to hold and click "Add"
- Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom
Your allocation has now been created and those tickets have been held.
Issuing held tickets
To issue a held ticket follow these steps
- Go to the event management page
- Click the ticket name for the held inventory where you want to issue tickets
- On the next page, choose either the "Issue Ticket" option for a single customer, or the "Bulk Issue" option for multiple names
- If you have selected the "Issue Ticket option", enter the customer's first and last name, number of tickets and the ticket price (the price that the allocation was sold at, e.g. for a complimentary ticket this would be 0). The click submit
- If you have selected the Bulk Issue option, you can copy the names from a spreadsheet or word document. If you are using a spreadsheet the first name, last name and quantity will need to be in separate columns. If you are using a word document, then they will need to be separated by a comma. Once you have added the names enter the price the tickets were sold at and whether the booking fee is included. Then click submit. On the next page you will be able to review the details to make sure they are correct, and then click the Issue Tickets button.
- When you have Issued the tickets, the customer names will be added to the attendee list and the order will be included on the sales report