Scroll down for the Step-by-Step Guide on how to schedule a report
KEY TERMS & TIPS:
How does report scheduling work in Line-Up?
Reports or Dashboards can be sent by email periodically according to a schedule of your choice.
When creating a Report Schedule, you can select the reports you'd like to be sent, the recipients you'd like to them to be sent to and the exact time you want them to be sent.
How do I create a Scheduled Report?
Via the Reporting page, selecting Report Schedules and then adding the details.
You just need to build your reports/dashboards first. See here for more info.
For full instructions, see our Step-by-Step Guide below.
1. Create a New Report Schedule:
a) Go to the Reporting page and select Report Schedules
b) Click New Report Schedule
2. Add Details:
a) Enter the following:
- Name - this will appear as the email subject line for the recipient, after 'Line-Up Scheduled Report:', e.g. if your name is 'Weekly Sales', the subject line will appear as Line-Up Scheduled Report: Weekly Sales
- Description - for internal use
- Recipient Email Addresses - once you've enter an email address, make sure to enter a space after the address, so that the email then shows in the field.
NOTE - the first email address you enter will appear in the To field. Any subsequent emails will appear as BCC. So if you wouldn't like anyone to see any email addresses on the schedule, then it may be worth putting your email addresses first
- Type - Report or Dashboard
b) Select your Schedule from the following options:
- Every Hour
- Every Day - select time options from the dropdown
- Every Week - select day(s) of the week and time options from the dropdowns. If you'd like to select multiple days, select each day you'd like the report to be sent
- Every Month - select day(s) of the month and time options from the dropdowns. If you'd like to select multiple days, select each day you'd like the report to be sent
c) Select the Report you want to send and the File Format (PDF or CSV)
3. Happy? Click Done and you can Manage Schedule at any time from the Report Schedule page, which displays the Last and Next Run of the report