Scroll down for the Step-by-Step Guide on how to create, sell and redeem vouchers on Line-Up
KEY TERMS & TIPS:
How do I create a voucher?
By creating a product on the Products page. Here you can enter voucher info, add a Price Table and attach Delivery Methods.
Depending on what you want your customer to receive after ordering a voucher, it may be worth either:
- Creating a voucher-specific Delivery Method - with Email/Ticket Templates containing voucher info and merge tags - so you can attach it to your Voucher product. See here for more info about Delivery Methods.
- Or adding voucher/product merge tags onto your standard E-ticket Delivery Method. See here for the merge tags you need for vouchers.
See our Step-by-Step guide below for full instructions on how to create your voucher.
How do I sell a voucher?
On the Box Office page, but you just need to have a ticket in your basket in order for the Voucher product to appear as an option to sell.
See step 8 in the Step-by-Step Guide below for full instructions.
How do I redeem vouchers on Box Office?
On the Box Office page, by going through the normal purchase flow - but on the Payment page, selecting a Voucher Payment Method and entering the voucher code.
You just need to make sure the Voucher Payment Method is created before you do this.
See our step 10 in the Step-by-Step Guide below for full instructions.
I want to create a Refund to Voucher.
This is slightly different from a normal voucher - see here for more info.
1. Create a Voucher Product:
a) Select Products on the left hand side and then New Product
b) Enter details:
- Type - select Voucher from the dropdown
- Image - jpg or .png image (no larger than 1MB)
- Inventory - Set a stock level of the product or select Unlimited inventory
- Tags - for internal use, these will appear in your product list
- External ID - for internal use, a unique identifier for the product
- Voucher Settings - enter Voucher Name and Days Valid For (how long you would like the voucher to be valid until it expires)
c) Submit your product
2. Create a Price Table:
a) Select the Prices tab and New Prices
b) On the pop-up, enter the following details:
- Tax Rate - select from the dropdown
c) Add Band:
- Select New Band
- Enter a name
- Select a colour from the chart
- Add a description (optional) by right-clicking on Band and selecting Band Settings. Enter description and then click Done
d) Add Variants:
- Select New Variant
- Enter a name
- Enter the price for your Variant per Band
- Add a description (optional) by right-clicking on a Variant and selecting Variant Settings. Enter description and then click Done
e) Add Channels to Variants:
- Right-click on a Variant and then click Manage Channels
- Select your Channels and then click Done
- Hover over the channel icon to see the Channels that have been added
f) Add Adjusters to Variants (if applicable - if not, skip to step g):
- Right-click on a Variant and then Manage Adjusters
- Select your Adjusters and then Add Selected Adjusters
- Select the arrow dropdown to see the Adjusters you've added and their fees for each price
g) Add Discounts (if applicable - if not, skip to step h):
- Select the Discount Mode toggle
- Click Add Variant Discount
- From the pop-up, select your Discount from the drop down (you will need to create your Discount before this step. More info can be found here)
- Select which Variant(s) to apply the Discount to
- Click Done and you'll see the discounted price for each Variant
h) Review Price Table:
- Click Review
- Check the details are correct, including the Inside and Outside Prices for your Variants
- Want to make changes? Click Back to Edit
- Happy? Click Publish & Make Active
- Want to make changes once it's published? Click Duplicate As Draft and make edits to a new version of your Price Table
- Once that's edited and published then that will replace the previously published version
3. Manage Visibility - Channels:
a) On the Visibility tab select which channels the product will appear for
b) Click Update
4. Link products to performances - would you like to limit which performances this product is available? (If no, skip to step 6):
a) Go to your event and click the Performances tab
b) Click the box next to the performances you want to link products to or find performances using the Filter bar
c) Select the Product icon on the Action Bar at the bottom
d) Select your product from the pop-up list
e) Select Link to Performances or Link to Performances, with a stock level per performance and then enter the number. Click Submit
f) To see linked performances, go back to Products and select your product
g) Select the Visibility tab and scroll down to Linked Performances
5. Want to un-link a product from performances? (if no, skip to step 6):
- In the Linked Performances section of the product, select on an individual performance
- Click Yes on the pop-up to un-link
b) In bulk:
- Go to your event and click the Performances tab
- Click the box next to the performances you want to link products to or find performances using the Filter bar
- Select the Product icon on the Action Bar at the bottom
- Select your product from the pop-up list
- Select Remove from Performances
- Click Submit to unlink
NOTE - by default a product will appear for all events and all performances. By linking the product to performances it will then only appear for these specific performances. If after that you would like the product to appear for another event, then you would need to link it to those specific performances as well
6. Create Visibility Rules (optional - skip to step 7 if you don't need to create these):
a) Create Ruleset - on the Visibility tab on the product, scroll down and enter the following:
- Type - either All Rules must apply or At least one Rule must apply
b) Select Rules:
- Choose either Performance or Transaction
- Choose from Start Date, Start Time, Tag or Day of the Week
- If Start Date or Start Time - choose from is, is greater or equal to or is less than or equal to
- If Tag - select is and then enter/select your Tag
- If Day of the Week - select day from the drop down
- Click Save Ruleset
7. Choose Print Rules for your Delivery Method:
NOTE - you may want to create a new voucher-specific Delivery Method if you'd like your customer to have certain information in their email confirmation, e.g. the voucher code. See here for how to do that
a) On the Product page, click the Settings tab
b) Click the pencil icon on your chosen Delivery Method
c) When would you like the barcodes to be generated for your vouchers?
- Immediately - barcodes will be generated once the order is placed
- Scheduled - set date and time for the barcodes to be generated
d) Do you have a Ticket Template attached to your Delivery Method? Select from the drop-down (these will need to be created prior to this step. Go here for more info)
e) Save Print Rules
8. Selling vouchers via Box Office:
NOTE - You will need to have a ticket in the basket in order to see voucher products to sell, however you can remove the tickets once you've added your products, if you'd like to sell them by themselves.
a) Select Box Office on the left hand side
b) Select which Channel you'd like to sell products through
c) Select an Event and a performance from the calendar (NOTE - if you have linked a product to a performance, you will want to select this performance so that the product will appear in the next step)
d) Add a ticket to your basket and click Continue to see products - you will need to add a ticket first in order to see the voucher product. See step f for how to remove tickets from the basket
e) Add your Voucher product(s) to the basket (NOTE - if you can't see your product or the price has not appeared, this might be because you haven't granted the correct Channel access or it has been unlinked to that performance)
f) Want to only sell the voucher and not the ticket? Click the red bin icon to remove the ticket from the basket and click Continue to go to Order Details and complete the order
9. Adding vouchers to an existing order:
a) On the Order page, click Refund and choose the Channel you'd like to do the sale through (NOTE - this is a shortcut to take you to the Products page, it will not refund the order)
b) On the Payment page, click Add Products or Vouchers
c) This will take you straight to the Products page, where you can add your Voucher to the basket
d) Scroll down to your basket and remove the ticket and delivery items (otherwise they will be refunded). Click Continue
e) On the Order Options page, select the correct Delivery Method and continue onto the Payment page to the complete the order
10. Redeeming vouchers on Box Office:
a) Create a new Voucher Payment Method
- On the Settings page, click New Payment Method
- Select Voucher Payment Type and enter the name of the Payment Method
- Select the Channels you want it to be available for and click Submit
b) Use Gift Voucher for an order at Box Office:
- Go to Box Office page and go through the steps to add tickets to the basket
- Once you're on the final Payment page, select the Voucher Payment Method from the dropdown
- Enter the Voucher Code underneath and click Pay & Update Basket Total
NEXT STEP: Create a Refund Voucher