Follow the steps below to ensure that the POTO Day Seat promo is set up correctly
To work as planned - e.g. to offer the buyer a limited amount of seats for a discounted price of £30, both of the following needs to be in place:
1. The Day Seats availability status needs to be added to performances and then the seats included must be updated on a performance-by-performance basis. This can be done in advance, rather than be managed on a daily basis, however it will mean that these seats will not be available for anyone else to purchase. It is important that if a performance is linked to the discount (step 2) that the day seat availability status must be added to this performance too (full instructions below). If the availability status has not been added to the performance, the discount would be valid but the specific seats will not show.
2. The Discount needs to be linked (more below) to today’s performance(s) and today’s performance(s) only.
a) At present*, this needs to be managed on a daily basis, pre-10am, for performances on the day.
b) Unfortunately at present*, this can’t be set up in advance; e.g it can’t be linked to performances that are beyond today.
c) Please note, at present* it is vital that the discount is always linked to at least one performance at all times (this can be a performance in the past). For example, once the Saturday night performance has passed, we would suggest leaving the discount link to the Saturday night performance in place until Monday morning when Monday’s performance can be added. If there are no linked performances, in theory, the discount could be used across any performances that uses a price table that contains the discounted price variant (most performances in this instance).
*We’re actively working on how we can improve this process for all departments.
Adding the Day Seats Availability Status to Performances
An Availability Status (essentially an allocation which requires a promo code to enable visibility of the seats and discounted price) has been created for the Day Seats promotion. The status itself does not need to be amended; it does need to be added to performances though:
1. Navigate to the Phantom Performance list.
2. Using the checkbox, select the performance(s) that you want to add the Availability Status to. The action bar will appear at the bottom of the page. Click the Availability Icon (the one that looks like a 3 bars).
3. You will be presented with a modal that contains your list of Availability Statuses. Find the Day Seats Availability Status and click on it (ignore the ‘1’ listed in the capacity column, this is because when the status was created, only one seat was added to the template).
4. The modal view will update, you can select to add the performance status to the performance (this option may be pre-selected).
5. Click ‘Submit’ and the status will be added to the performance.
6. Now you need up update the actual seats that are part of the Day Seats allocation for each performance. See the next section for instructions.
Updating the seats that should be in the Day Seats Availability Status for each Performance.
1. Click on one of the performances that you just added the status to.
2. Scroll to the ‘Availability’ section at the bottom of the page and you’ll see your Day Seats status has been added. This will currently show a ‘1’ in the capacity column which means its been unedited on this performance so far. Click the ‘Edit Availability’ button.
3. On first load, you will see a blank Venue Plan on the left and your list of statuses that have been added to this performance on the right. Warning - this UI is a little sensitive and we’re making updates to make it clearer. In the meantime, follow the next steps.
4. Click on the ‘Day Seats’ status from the right list (being careful not to click the ‘+’ icon or the ‘Trash’ icon). This will highlight the current seat that is part of the status on the plan.
5. At this point, you can deselect this highlighted seat (if you don’t want to include it) and choose which seats should be available as Day Seats on this particular performance.
6. Once you have selected your desired seats, click the ‘+’ button to save your changes. Warning - clicking the ‘Trash’ icon will remove the whole Day Seats status from this performance which will mean it needs to be added again.
7. Once you have clicked the ‘+’ button, you should be presented with a confirmation that your choices have been saved.
8. Use the back button in your browser to go back to the Performance Info Page. Scroll to the bottom to the Availability section and confirm that the number of seats you added has been saved.
Now you have added the Availability Status to the performance - this determines which seats are available. Now you need to link the Discount itself to Performances; follow instructions below.
Performances can be linked to the Phantom Day Seats Discount as follows:
1. Navigate to the Phantom Performance list.
2. Using the checkbox, select the performance(s) today that you want to link the Discount to. The action bar will appear at the bottom of the page. Click the Discount Icon (the one that looks like a price tag).
3. You will be presented with a modal that contains your list of Discounts. Find the Phantom Day Seats Discount and mouse over it, then click the ‘Manage’ button.
4. The modal view will update, you can select to link to the performance (this option may be pre-selected).
5. Click ‘Submit’ and the performance will be linked. If you then head to the Day Seat Discount, Visibility Tab, you will see at the bottom that the performance is now linked.
To unlink a linked performance from a Discount, this can either be done by:
1. Following the process above but at step 4, choose the ‘Remove from selected performances option’. Note - this is the best option if, for some reason, the Discount has been added to lots of performances.
2. On the Day Seat Discount, Visibility Tab, head to the Linked Performances section at the bottom and click the Trash Icon on the row with the performance that you want to remove. This is the quicker option if there are only one or two performances that you want to unlink.
Please note - steps 1 and 2 both do the same thing.
Testing the setup
The setup can be tested by following this URL pattern:
Where [PERFORMANCE_ID] = the ID number at the end of the URL when you click on a performance from the performance list in the Line-Up dashboard:
If the setup is doing what it should, you should only see the seats you added to the Day Seat availability status for that performance on the venue plan. Likewise, all the selectable seats should be priced at £30.00
Seeing no seats available to purchase?
It’s likely that the discount is linked to the performance but the availability status is not.
Seeing the right seats but not the discounted price?
It’s likely that the availability status has been added to the performance but the Discount hasn’t been linked to the performance.
Seeing the wrong seats but discounted prices?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.