To exchange tickets for an event, follow the simple steps below
1. Find and manage Order:
a) Use the following options to find an order:
- Select and use the Filter bar to find all complete orders
- Use the Search bar at the top of the page and enter the customer name, email address, event name or reference number attached to the order
- Via the Performances page of the event, click into the individual performance and select . You will then see a full Transaction Items list for that performance where you can click into each order
b) On the Order page, scroll down and select - NOTE, the order status (shown in the top left of the Order page) must show as 'Complete' for the Exchange Order button to be available
c) Select which Channel you would like to put the exchange through. Once you select your Channel, the transaction will be reserved in basket and will begin
2. Choose the new tickets you're exchanging to:
a) Select Back to Customer and then Back to Tickets
b) Select the event and performance you want to exchange to
c) Reserved Seating event (if not, skip. to step 2d)? Select your new seat(s) from the venue plan
d) Select the ticket(s) you want to exchange to
e) Select to go to your Basket
3. Edit Basket:
a) Check Basket details
b) Choose how much of the order you want to exchange. To remove any items from the Basket select or - IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The items that remain and are in red are what will be refunded, whereas the items in black are the ones you want to sell. Anything that is removed using the red bin button will be kept on the order and therefore still active
- Exchanging product items - if there are product items on the order, make sure to leave them in the basket as return items and at the next step (products) add new product items to the basket for the new performance. Products may be linked to the performance, so you will want to ensure you exchange the product items in the same way you exchange the tickets so the new product items you add are linked to the new performance
c) Select Delivery Method from the drop down
d) Select to go to payment or complete transaction
4. Charging for a new payment or issuing a refund? (if you don't need to do this, skip to step 5):
The tickets you are exchanging to may be a different price, or you may have an added an extra item to the basket, such as an exchange fee product. If this is the case then you need to process a new payment.
a) Issuing a refund:
- Select Payment Method from the drop down
- Processing payment via Stripe or a Terminal? Select the correct payment from the Payment to Refund option from the dropdown
Processing the full refund amount with this payment method? Select Refund total payment balance. This will refund the entire balance via the selected payment method
Want to split the refund between this and another payment method, e.g part-refund to card and part-refund to voucher? Select Refund partial payment balance and enter the amount to refund using this method. Then select the next payment method that you also want to refund to.
b) Charging for a new order (if you've issued a refund, go to step 4c):
- Select Payment Method from the drop down
- Paying for the entire order with this payment method? Select 'Pay total order using this method'
- Want to split the order between this and another payment method? Select 'Pay partial order balance using this method' and enter the amount to pay using this method - NOTE, if you are processing payment for the difference between the 2 orders then the amount you enter must match the Balance in the basket
c) Not ready to complete payment but want to come back to it? Select
d) Ready to complete payment? Select - NOTE, the Payment Received line must match the Subtotal line in order to for the transaction to be completed. If you have processed payment for part of the order, then you must put through the remaining amount
5. Complete Transaction:
a) Check Basket details. If you want to make any changes or add more items, go back to the Customer and/or Tickets section
b) Happy? Select and the new order will be created. You will then be taken to the Order page where you can view all the details, including a link to the original order for this transaction
Why can't I find my Order?
If you are using the Search bar to find your Order, you need the customer name, email address, event name or reference number. If the order doesn't appear after this, then you may need to check that the details are correct.
If you are using the Orders page, then you may have it in the wrong filter. Use the Filter bar to ensure that the Complete box is ticked.
Why can't I see the Exchange option on my Order?
This is because the Order is not Complete yet. If the order status shows as Reservation or In Basket then the original transaction has not been completed and the Refund option will not show.
To complete the original transaction, you just need to click the Edit Transaction button at the top of the page.
Why can't I complete my payment/transaction?
This will be because the Payment Received line does not match the Subtotal line. If you have processed a payment for part of the subtotal amount, then you must put through the remaining amount. It is only when the Balance is £0.00 that the transaction can be completed.
Why can't I change the customer details?
You are unable to change customer details on a refund or exchange.
How can I change the Payment Methods that appear in checkout?
You need to contact a team member of your organisation who can add Payment Methods on the Organisation Settings page and enable Channel access.
NEXT STEP: Learn how to Refund Tickets