Creating a complimentary ticket
To add a complimentary ticket follow these steps:
- Go to the event management page for the event you want to add a paid ticket to
- Go to the "Performances & Tickets" tab for that event
- From the list, select the performance you wish to add a ticket to and click into it to get to the performance management page
- Scroll to the bottom where you will see the tickets section and click "Add ticket"
On the next page follow these steps to create a ticket:
- Enter the ticket name e.g. Complimentary, House Seat etc
- Enter the ticket status -
- Public tickets will show to customers in the customer facing ticket widget - you should not use this option unless you want the complimentary ticket to be available in the customer facing widget
- Hidden tickets will only show in the issue tickets widget available only via your account. You should use this option to create a complimentary ticket that is only available via the issue tickets widget ie that can only be issued via your account
- Inactive tickets can't be purchased anywhere (this option is more likely to be used to take tickets off-sale, rather than at the point of creation)
- Add the inventory - the max number of that type of ticket you want to sell. This is likely to match your capacity number, but could be different if you want to limit the number that can be booked of a certain type of ticket. There is more on capacity & inventory settings here
- Pricing - the face value should be set as 0 for Complimentary tickets
- Pricing - the booking fee should be set as 0 for Complimentary tickets
- Once you have added the information above, click the submit button to create your ticket
Issuing comp tickets
To issue a complimentary ticket once they have been created. Go to the events tab and search for the event. Click the issue tickets link next to the event (the ticket symbol) and then enter the customer details to issue them the ticket. Tickets will be sent out to the email address entered, just like the customer facing check-out.
Please sign in to leave a comment.