Creating a paid ticket
To add a paid ticket follow these steps:
- Go to the event management page for the event you want to add a paid ticket to
- Go to the "Performances & Tickets" tab for that event
- From the list, select the performance you wish to add a ticket to and click into it to get to the performance management page
- Scroll to the bottom where you will see the tickets section and click "Add ticket"
On the next page follow these steps to create a ticket:
- Enter the ticket name e.g. General Admission, Concession, Complimentary etc
- Enter the ticket status -
- Public tickets will show to customers in the customer facing ticket widget - you should use this option to create a paid ticket that is available for the customer to book directly, online.
- Hidden tickets will only show in the issue tickets widget available only via your account (complimentary tickets should have this status for example). You should use this option to create a paid ticket that is only available via the issue tickets widget ie that can only be sold by you through the customer booking over the phone, in person or via invoice
- Inactive tickets can't be purchased anywhere (this option is more likely to be used to take tickets off-sale, rather than at the point of creation)
- Add the inventory - the max number of that type of ticket you want to sell. This is likely to match your capacity number, but could be different if you want to limit the number that can be booked of a certain type of ticket. There is more on capacity & inventory settings here
- Pricing - add the face value of the ticket
- Pricing - add the booking fee - this will show in brackets next to the ticket price. If you don't want to have a booking fee, ie you will be absorbing the Line-Up fee then set this to 0. If you are having an external booking fee that shows to the customer then you can set this at whatever price you like. The table on the right will give you an indication of what the Line-Up fee is likely to be in relation to the face value and booking fee you set. Please note, when setting your booking fee, please be aware that the Stripe payment processing fees are separate to the Line-Up fee and not included in the "Pricing/Fees Breakdown" table that is shown
- Once you have added the information above, click the submit button to create your ticket