Scroll down for the Step-by-Step Guide on how to create, link and sell products
KEY TERMS & TIPS:
What is a product?
An additional item you can add to the basket when selling tickets.
This can be merchandise, event-specific products such as programmes/playtexts or food and drink.
How do I create a product?
On the Products page, where you can add product info, create a Price Table for it and grant channel access/create visibility rules.
For more info, see our Step-by-Step Guide below.
How do I set the prices for my product?
By creating a Price Table for your product.
Just like your tickets, you can create a pricing structure in the form of a Price Table - the only difference being that you can only have one band for your product.
It is here where you can also grant Channel access to specific prices, by connecting them to your Variants, and also add your Adjusters and Discounts (if applicable).
For more info about Price Tables, go here.
How do I control who sees my product and when?
Via the Visibility tab, where you can select the channels you want the product to appear for, control Linked Performances (for more info, see below) and create Visibility Rules, in which you can limit the circumstances in which the product can be purchased.
For more info on channels, see here.
How do I link my product to certain performances of my event?
Via the Performances page of your Event and adding them to either individual or multiple performances using the Action bar.
For more info, see step 4 in our Step-by-Step Guide below.
Do I need to link products to performances in order for it to show in the Box Office?
Not necessarily - as long as it has been granted the correct Channel access, it will be available on all performances for those channels once it's created.
However, if you wanted to control exactly which performances you would like it to be available for then you would need to link it via the Performances page of the event.
If after that you would like to link the product to another event, then you would need to link it to those specific performances as well.
If you need to report on products sold per performance then you will need to ensure that they are linked to performances. If Products are not linked to performances, it will not be able to report on Products sold per performance.
For more info, see step 4 in our Step-by-Step Guide below.
How can I control the amount of products I want to sell?
You can set an overall stock level on the product itself or a per-performance stock level via the Performances page of your event.
You can choose to set unlimited inventory on the product if you wish.
For more info, see steps 1 and 4 in our Step-by-Step Guide below.
How do I sell a product?
Via the Box Office page, choosing the event and tickets you want to sell and adding products at check-out.
Products will be available in the purchase flows for the channels that have access to them. After tickets have been selected, products will show at the next step.
For more info, see step 6 in our Step-by-Step Guide below.
Can I exchange a product?
Yes, you just need to have a ticket in your basket in order to do so.
For instructions on how to do this, go here.
Why isn't my product available in Box Office or other purchase flows?
This might be because you haven't granted the correct channel access or it has been unlinked to your performances.
When creating your product, you must enable channel access via the Visibility tab of the product.
Then when creating your prices, Channels have to be given access to your variants in the same way as for tickets. If they're not granted access here, then the product will show in the purchase flow, but will not be available to be purchased as no prices will be available on that channel.
1. Create a Product:
a) Select Products on the left hand side and then New Product
b) Enter details:
- Type - select from the dropdown
- Image - jpg or .png image (no larger than 1MB)
- Inventory - Set a stock level of the product or select Unlimited inventory
- Tags - for internal use, these will appear in your product list
- External ID - for internal use, a unique identifier for the product
c) Submit your product
2. Create a Price Table:
a) Select the Prices tab and New Prices
b) On the pop-up, enter the following details:
- Tax Rate - select from the dropdown
c) Add Band:
- Select New Band
- Enter a name
- Select a colour from the chart
- Add a description (optional) by right-clicking on Band and selecting Band Settings, enter description and then click Done
d) Add Variants:
- Select New Variant
- Enter a name
- Enter the price for your Variant per Band
- Add a description (optional) by right-clicking on a Variant and selecting Variant Settings, enter description and then click Done
e) Add Channels to Variants:
- Right-click on a Variant and then click Manage Channels
- Select your Channels and then click Done
- Hover over the channel icon to see the Channels that have been added
f) Add Adjusters to Variants (if applicable - if not, skip to step g):
- Right-click on a Variant and then Manage Adjusters
- Select your Adjusters and then Add Selected Adjusters
- Select the arrow dropdown to see the Adjusters you've added and their fees for each price
g) Add Discounts (if applicable - if not, skip to step h):
- Select the Discount Mode toggle
- Click Add Variant Discount
- From the pop-up, select your Discount from the drop down (you will need to create your Discount before this step. More info can be foundhere)
- Select which Variant(s) to apply the Discount to
- Click Done and you'll see the discounted price for each Variant
h) Review Price Table:
- Click Review
- Check the details are correct, including the Inside and Outside Prices for your Variants
- Want to make changes? Click Back to Edit
- Happy? Click Publish & Make Active
- Want to make changes once it's published? Select Click Duplicate As Draft and make edits to a new version of your Price Table
- Once that's edited and published then that will replace the previously published version
3. Manage Visibility - Channels:
a) On the Visibility tab which channels the product will appear for
b) Click Update
4. Link products to performances - would you like to limit which performances this product is available? (If no, skip to step 6):
a) Go to your event and click the Performances tab
b) Click the box next to the performances you want to link products to or find performances using the Filter bar
c) Select the Product icon on the Action Bar at the bottom
d) Select your product from the pop-up list
e) Select Link to Performances or Link to Performances, with a stock level per performance and then enter the number
f) Click Submit
g) To see linked performances, go back to Products and select your product
h) Select the Visibility tab and scroll down to Linked Performances
5. Want to un-link a product from performances? (if no, skip to step 6):
- In the Linked Performances section of the product, select on an individual performance
- Click Yes on the pop-up to un-link
b) In bulk:
- Go to your event and click the Performances tab
- Click the box next to the performances you want to link products to or find performances using the Filter bar
- Select the Product icon on the Action Bar at the bottom
- Select your product from the pop-up list
- Select Remove from Performances
- Click Submit to unlink
NOTE - by default a product will appear for all events and all performances. By linking the product to performances it will then only appear for these specific performances. If after that you would like the product to appear for another event, then you would need to link it to those specific performances as well
6. Create Visibility Rules:
a) Create Ruleset - on the Visibility tab on the product, scroll down and enter the following:
- Type - either All Rules must apply or At least one Rule must apply
b) Select Rules:
- Choose either Performance or Transaction
- Choose from Start Date, Start Time, Tag or Day of the Week
- If Start Date or Start Time - choose from is, is greater or equal to or is less than or equal to
- If Tag - select is and then enter/select your Tag
- If Day of the Week - select day from the drop down
- Click Save Ruleset
7. Choose Print Rules for your Delivery Method:
a) Click the Settings tab
b) Click the pencil icon on your chosen Delivery Method
c) When would you like the barcodes to be generated for your tickets?
- Immediately - barcodes will be generated once the order is placed
- Scheduled - set date and time for the barcodes to be generated
d) Do you have a Ticket Template attached to your Delivery Method? Select from the drop-down (these will need to be created prior to this step. Go here for more info)
e) Save Print Rules
8. Selling products via Box Office:
a) Select Box Office on the left hand side
b) Select which Channel you'd like to sell tickets/products through
c) Select your Event and the performance you want to sell tickets for from the calendar
d) Add the ticket(s) you want to sell to your basket and click Continue to see products
e) Add your product(s) to the basket (NOTE - if you can't see your Product or the price has not appeared, this might be because you haven't granted the correct Channel access or it has been unlinked to that performance. For more info, see our Troubleshooting guide)
f) Click Continue to process payment and customer details. For full Box Office instructions go here